A Good Man

“A good man is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds. His wife trusts him without reserve and never has reason to regret it…Many men have done wonderful things, but you’ve outclassed them all…the man to be admired and praised is the man who lives in the Fear-of-God. Give him everything he deserves! Festoon him with praises!” (portions of Proverbs 31–Rizzo paraphrase)

Happy Father’s Day Richard Rizzo! Every word applies to you. My mom used to say about my dad, “I could trust him to travel anywhere in the world and he’d be faithful to me.”  And I’m so thrilled that I can say the same about you.  An honest, generous, faithful provider and my biggest cheerleader are a few of the fascinating facets I’ve discovered of  your sparkling character.  I love how you ‘stand for the right though the heavens fall.’  You are my best earthly friend.  You are my sounding board and my passionate lover.  Through the years you’ve demonstrated what it takes to be a tender husband and a class act of a dad to our daughters.   And after 51 years, you still dry my tears and make me laugh.  You are the ‘keeper of my flame.’

It’s true.  A good man is hard to find.  Sure glad I found you.

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to A Good Man

1. Rosemary cOok says:

Rosemary cOok says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    June 20, 2015 at 9:14 pm
    So beautifully said. I lost the love of my life, 18 months ago. I will never be the same. We were married for 57 years and I knew the best was yet to come…..only that wasn’t in Gods plan. He died in my arms and I still can’t believe he’s gone. I’m not the same without him…..he was my joy, my reason to live. He was the fun in our family…..I just can’t wait to meet him again, when we will be made perfect…no more pain. He was so brave and never complained even tho he was in constant pain. I miss you, John. You made me laugh and I don’t know who I am without you. Please Lord Jesus, come quick to take us out of this sinful world. I love you John.

2. Rosemary cOok says:

Rosemary cOok says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    June 20, 2015 at 9:16 pm
    Rosemary cOok says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    June 20, 2015 at 9:14 pm

• pepsi7 says:

Beautifully expressed. I can’t imagine my life without Richard. God bless you as you adjust to your new existence.